My wife works for a major hospital network. She sits at the "round table". Here is whats happening as of 3/19:
1) Hospital is not classifying cases, and there are 60% more COVID cases being treated than what is reported in the testing. They will not test these patients and instead, re-diagnose as a respiratory infection.
2) Employees are lying abut their travel habits & contact (6 cases) in order to keep working.
3) If you test positive, get admitted and show no symptoms, the patient will get released in 9-10 days even though the disease can run up to 14 days with no symptoms. THERE IS NO SECONDARY TEST TO PROVE NEGATIVE UPON DISCHARGE.
4) You must show symptoms to get tested, testing lead time is 4-5 days.
5) there is currently 1200 cases reported on paper.
5) average COVID treatment cost is $38,000
6) Bergen county is hit the worst with the entire police dept. admitted